Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Igor Lev <hy...@earthlink.net> on 2004/03/21 17:38:03 UTC

Licensing issues

Hi everyone,

	I have a licensing question regarding the Apache xml-rpc
implementation. As I understand it, the current code is under the Apache
license version 1.1, however I was not able to find any information in
regard to redistributing a _modified_ version of the xml-rpc binaries
and/or source. A product, which my company is currently working on,
requires a slight modification to the current xml-rpc code which will be
distributed in binary form along with the product. My question is
whether the Apache license clauses towards source and binary
redistribution would apply in the same manner to this modified product,
ie. all that would be required is to include the "includes Apache
developed product" and not call it "Apache".

I hope someone on the list would be able to answer my question and that
I posted to an appropriate mailing list regarding this. However I would
gladly repost this message to an Apache/XML-RPC licensing related
mail-list if someone would point me towards one.

Thanks

--
Igor Lev <ig...@openorbit.net>
OpenOrbit Technologies