Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by William Bell <bi...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/24 07:16:25 UTC

Fields issue 4.2.1

I am getting no results when using dynamic field, and the name begins with
numbers.

This is okay on 3.6, but does not work in 4.2.

dynamic name: 1234566_user

fl=1234566_user

If I change it to name: user_1234566 it works.

This appears to be a bug.

--
Bill Bell
billnbell@gmail.com

Re: Fields issue 4.2.1

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Hi,

Have you tried fl=*_user ?

I think fl may try to interpret the number as a function.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Re: Fields issue 4.2.1

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Field names don't absolutely have to follow Java naming conventions, but if
they don't then they are not GUARANTEED to work in all contexts in Solr. The
fl parameter is one of those contexts.

You can work around it by using a function query: field(1234566_user)

-- Jack Krupansky