Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by "Ankur C. Goel" <ga...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2012/06/09 02:01:14 UTC

ZooKeeper Recipes - Documentation error

Hi Folks,
             I was reading the zookeeper recipes documentation (http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.3/recipes.html#sc_leaderElection<http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.3/recipes.html>).
Step 3 of  the ELECTION procedure suggests "where j is the smallest sequence number …" shouldn't this be changed largest as the former will lead to herd effect ?

 where same question has been asked and people seem to agree with the suggestion but the documentation error still propagates.

Thanks
-@nkur

Re: ZooKeeper Recipes - Documentation error

Posted by "Ankur C. Goel" <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Done - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1483

Patch coming soon :-)

Regards