Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org> on 2021/05/10 01:53:30 UTC

Starting 3.0.0 release process

Hi everyone,

I think there are only six or seven issues to be resolved before the
3.0.0 release left,
so I'd like to start the release process (and hopefully create a RC0 in May).

As the first step, I tagged fixVersion == 3.0.0 to the issues which
I'm considering mandatory.
If there are any other issues that should be included in 3.0, would
you add them to the list?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20Bigtop%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%203.0.0

Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org>

Re: Starting 3.0.0 release process

Posted by Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the comments everyone!
Taking all comments into consideration, I'd like to proceed the 3.0.0
release process without waiting for the Debian 11 release as of now.
(I have to admit that it's difficult to cut the RC0 within May in the
current situation, but I'll make an effort to do so in June)

Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org>

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Luca Toscano <to...@gmail.com>.
I agree 100% Evans, ok to release 3.0 without Debian 11 support from
my point of view!

Luca

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.

Posted by Arnaud Launay <as...@launay.org>.
Hello,

Posted by Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the comment, Luca!
I was thinking of excluding Debian 11 support from the 3.0.0 release
and supporting it in the next minor release.
I expect we can release the latter in a short span with minimum
component upgrades, once Debian 11 is officially released.

Posted by Luca Toscano <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kengo,