Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Toni Caprari <to...@vodamail.co.za> on 2013/11/12 21:56:51 UTC

unable to open office document on mac

Good day.

I'm unable to open a text document that I drafted using office and saved in a word 97 format.
This problem occurred after inserting "table" in various sections of the document.
Now I get a pop up error message saying"This is not a winword 97 file"

I've spent hours drafting this document for an important meeting and now I can't open it.

Please can someone help

Re: unable to open office document on mac

Posted by John Meyer <jo...@pueblocomputing.com>.
On 11/12/2013 1:56 PM, Toni Caprari wrote:
> I'm unable to open a text document that I drafted using office and saved in a word 97 format.
> This problem occurred after inserting "table" in various sections of the document.
> Now I get a pop up error message saying"This is not a winword 97 file"
Did you save the original in ODF?