Posted to user@beam.apache.org by au...@gmail.com, au...@gmail.com on 2019/03/21 07:35:07 UTC

Is AvroCoder the right coder for me?

Hi

I am trying out Beam to do some data aggregations. Many of the inputs/outputs of my transforms are complex objects (not super complex, but containing Maps/Lists/Sets sometimes) so when I was prompted to defined a coder to these objects I added the annotation @DefaultCoder(AvroCoder.class) and things worked in my development environment.

Now that I am trying to run in on "real" data I notice that after I deployed it to a spark runner and looking at some thread dumps, many of the threads were blocked on the following method on the Avro library (ReflectData.getAccessorsFor). So my question is, did I do the wrong thing by using the AvroCoder or is there some other coder that easily can solve my problem?

Best regards,
Augusto