Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Steven Sodt <st...@divine.com> on 2002/04/16 00:25:13 UTC

"apxs is broken (LDFLAGS_SHLIB not found)" -> unable to shake an APXS error in compiling mod_webapp

I've been unable to shake the cause of this error despite several iterations
of compiling Apache 1.3.24 and configuring mod_webapp.  It occurs when I
attempt to compile mod_webapp using something along the lines of the
following:

./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs \
	    --with-apr=/index/mod_webapp/apr \
	    --with-java=/index/java/j2sdk133 \
	    --with-tomcat=/usr/local/tomcat \
	    --enable-debug

I've tried incorporating some recommended changes to the Apache
/src/Makefile.config file before compiling the server, but to no avail - but
I suspect that there is something fundamental about building the server that
is at issue.  The OS is SOLARIS2=260 (SunOS 5.6).  I'm not using APACI to
build the server.

Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated.  The tail end of
the console output when running mod_webapp configure appears below.

With regards,

Steve

APR location
checking for APR sources... /index/mod_webapp/apr
checking for APR libraries... no
checking for APR includes... no

Target web-server
checking for Apache apxs... yes
configure: error: /index/local/apache_1.3.24/src/support/apxs is broken
(LDFLAGS_SHLIB not found)

RE: "apxs is broken (LDFLAGS_SHLIB not found)" -> unable to shake an APXS error in compiling mod_webapp

Posted by Scott Seidl <sm...@worldnet.att.net>.
Steven,

I had a similar problem a while ago when trying to configure Apache 1.3.2X
and PHP.  I had to update the APXS script.  If you do a search on the APXS
problem and you should be able to find how to change it.  It was quite
simple, I do not remember what they were off the top of my head.  If you
can't find it, let me know and I'll see if I can find my old documentation.

Scott