Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Emmanuel Cecchet <Em...@inrialpes.fr> on 2004/11/23 11:34:10 UTC

Derby/Cloudscape GUI?

Hi all,

I just found this message
(http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=derby-user@db.apache.org&msgNo=15)
on the Derby web site.
Just to let you know that we sucessfully used both Squirrel
(http://java-source.net/open-source/sql-clients/squirrel-sql-client) and
iSQL (http://java-source.net/open-source/sql-clients/isql-viewer) with
Derby. In fact, we were using Squirrel in C-JDBC but we dropped it
because it does not support transactions and iSQL is much nicer (and it
is also MPL instead of LGPL).
 From our experience, I think that iSQL is a good choice.

Emmanuel

Re: Derby/Cloudscape GUI?

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Emmanuel Cecchet wrote:

> Just to let you know that we sucessfully used both Squirrel
> (http://java-source.net/open-source/sql-clients/squirrel-sql-client)
> and iSQL (http://java-source.net/open-source/sql-clients/isql-viewer)
> with Derby. In fact, we were using Squirrel in C-JDBC but we dropped
> it because it does not support transactions and iSQL is much nicer
> (and it is also MPL instead of LGPL).
> From our experience, I think that iSQL is a good choice.

I'm trying to remember from our discussions at ApacheCon -- wasn't there
an issue with getting iSQL working for SELECT statements? I'm vaguely
recalling there was some sort of cursor compatibility issue. Feel free
to tell me I dreamed this (information overload and all). Better yet, if
I didn't dream it, how did you get it working?

thanks!

 -jean