Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by del <de...@obsidian.com> on 2002/06/09 17:41:01 UTC

Apache 2.0.26,ColdFusion 5.0, PHP 4.2.1

Greetings,

Do anyone have any experienceing in the mentioned combination...? When I
have tried to combine all three, this is the error msg that I recieved:

[root@dakar bin]# ./apachectl startssl
Syntax error on line 233 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/lib/libphp4.so into server:
/usr/local/apache2/lib/libphp4.so: undefined symbol: ap_block_alarms

at this point, i commented out the LoadModule php4_module
libexec/libphp4.so in the httpd.conf  file and tried starting it again::

[root@dakar bin]# ./apachectl start
Syntax error on line 231 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load
/software/coldfusion/coldfusion/webserver/apache/mod_coldfusion.so into
server: /software/coldfusion/coldfusion/webserver/apache/mod_coldfusion.so:
undefined symbol: ap_palloc
./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

here is how I configured Apache 2.0.36::
[root@dakar apache_2.0.36_install]#  ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local/apache2 --enable-module=all --enable-mods-shamax=max

and her is how I configured PHP:
[root@dakar php-4.2.1]# ./configure --with-mysql
--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs

The ColdFusion module was provided from Coldfusion.

any suggestion...?

del

Re: Apache 2.0.26,ColdFusion 5.0, PHP 4.2.1

Posted by Lee Fellows <lf...@4lane.com>.
Sorry, this may not be very helpful, but where did you come up with
configuration options:  --enable-module=all and
--enable-mods-shamax=max?  Neither is supported by configure under
the 2.0.36 tarball I have, although ./configure does not complain and
does 'configure' a buildable httpd, I would not dare make any
representations as to its usability.  If I understand your need
correctly, the proper options are --enable-moddules=all and
--enable-mods-shared.

Suggestion:  make distclean, ./configure with real options and retest.