Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Jeudy, Guillaume" <gj...@teksystems.com> on 2009/02/03 17:12:56 UTC

Re-use global distributionManagement

Hi maven users,

I have distributionManagement information that is common to all projects at my company. Do you know of any tricks to ensure all projects share the same distributionManagement info? I don't want to use pom hierarchy if possible because that would mean I would need a master top-level pom that sits somewhere in SVN that everyone need to checkout for it to be resolved.

Ideally I would like to inherit pom distributionManagement from a dependency that lives in the repo. Is it possible to do this? This way no matter from where you are building a proj you can inherit firmwide pom settings as long as the pom artifact is stored in the company repo.

Thanks,
-Guillaume

This electronic mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination or use of this electronic email or its contents (including any attachments) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply email so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original message (including any attachments) in its entirety. Thank you.

RE: Re-use global distributionManagement

Posted by "Jeudy, Guillaume" <gj...@teksystems.com>.
I just figured that when you declare <parent> node what you refer there is by default something in maven repo. it seems like defining a company-parent pom.xml with packaging: pom would be a solution. As long as this pom is deployed to maven repo other projects should have no trouble resolving it and inheriting from it...

Any thoughts, insights appreciated...

Regards,
-Guillaume