Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org> on 1997/03/20 09:58:22 UTC

1.2b8 release date?

Assume we get a positive response from on those 3-second-cgi patches I
sent to the bug submitters.  Can we aim for a 1.2b8 release this weekend?
This whole thing is dragging on for sooo long it's getting painful.

I've got more performance patches I've written and other stuff that can't
make 1.2 but I'd like to get out there.  There's enough contrib stuff for
a 1.3 almost immediately.  While we work on 2.0 (which at our rate will
take forever) it would be nice if there was someone who we could bless to
pull together a 1.3 interim release.

Dean

Re: 1.2b8 release date?

Posted by Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>.
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Assume we get a positive response from on those 3-second-cgi patches I
> sent to the bug submitters.  Can we aim for a 1.2b8 release this weekend?
> This whole thing is dragging on for sooo long it's getting painful.
>
> I've got more performance patches I've written and other stuff that can't
> make 1.2 but I'd like to get out there.  There's enough contrib stuff for
> a 1.3 almost immediately.  While we work on 2.0 (which at our rate will
> take forever) it would be nice if there was someone who we could bless to
> pull together a 1.3 interim release.

Once we're not dumping core anymore, I'm OK with that.
--
chuck
Chuck Murcko

Re: 1.2b8 release date?

Posted by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com>.
On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Assume we get a positive response from on those 3-second-cgi patches I
> sent to the bug submitters.  Can we aim for a 1.2b8 release this weekend?
> This whole thing is dragging on for sooo long it's getting painful.

you noticed :-)

+1 on 1.2b8 being the release candidate 2 weeks after being (relatively)
untouched.