Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Erik Stunkat <er...@poet.de> on 2001/11/09 13:28:56 UTC

no html output after pdf rendering

Hi

Cocoon version 2.0rc2
Win 2000
tomcat 4

I have docbook dtd xml 4.1.2 with N. Walshs stylesheets and I´m able to get
html output with the xsl stylesheets for plain html. It seems to work with
fo to produce pdfs (no errors in log) but the browser shows nothing, empty
page. The same occurs with rendering junitreports with frames, no errors but
nothing in the browser - with noframes everything is ok.

For plain xsl transformation from docbook I had to put all files into one
folder (change the reference in docbook.xsl)

Problem with content in frames, or other then html files with cocoon?

Any ideas?

Erik Stunkat
QA
POET Software
Hamburg, Germany
+49(0)40 60990-303
eriks@poet.de

AW: no html output after html rendering

Posted by Jörn Heid <he...@fh-heilbronn.de>.
I don't know what you exactly want.
First of all, does it make sense to generate a html file when you use a
redirect just before the page can be seen?
If you use a redirect, make sure the "docs/samples/junit/index.html" has a
valid matching pipeline.
Feel free to contact me directly if you do have further questions.

JOERN

Posted by Erik Stunkat <er...@poet.de>.
Hi,

thanks for all the answers, here is the result:

use Directory Generator:

<!-- find files for transformation -->
    <map:match pattern="testhtml.html">
    <map:generate type="directory" src="{1}"/>
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/system/directory2html.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize type="html"/>
   </map:match>

use pipeline:

   <map:match pattern="resources/**/*.xml">
   <map:generate src="resources/test/{2}.xml"/>
   <map:transform src="stylesheets/junit/junit-noframes.xsl"/>
   <map:serialize type="html"/>
  </map:match>

erik

PS.: Anyway, Director Generator only lists folders recursivly when it starts
in the cocoon root...

Posted by Erik Stunkat <er...@poet.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Max Larsson <ma...@gmservice.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Erik Stunkat <er...@poet.de>.
Hi Alex,

Posted by Alexandre Victoor <av...@prisma-presse.com>.
Hi,

RE: no html output after html rendering

Posted by Erik Stunkat <er...@poet.de>.
Hi Nick,

What you mean by "with "redirect" it seems to work, but no index.html" -
if it does not create your file, then it does NOT work, does it? ;-)

No

I work with similar task - generating JavaDoc in pipeline and
redirecting to index.html.

So first of all:
- if your transformer generates index.html (so you see it on the disk)
	- have you read my ATTENTION note about redirecting via HTML

On the disk? I didn´t know that it should write on the disk. I checked
everywhere but didn´t find something. Cocoon writes something in cache-dir
but that is binary.
Should Cocoon write directly on the disk?

	- If you check sources of the page in IE, do you see the correct
link?

Yes, that´s ok.

- if your transformer does not generate file, but you put the files
manually in right places - does the application work?

No...but I think generation is the main problem; how can I bring Cocoon to
write html directly to disk?

Many thanks!

This steps allow you to localize your problem - it's either in
generation, or in redirection.

I'm using XALAN-2.2D11 (had some difficulties with early releases, but
they seems to be not related to your problem)

Best wishes,
Nick

Posted by Nick Entin <en...@togethersoft.com>.
Hi Eric,

Posted by Nick Entin <en...@togethersoft.com>.
Hi Eric,

Posted by Erik Stunkat <er...@poet.de>.
Hi Nick

thanks for your answer, I tried

<xsl:output method="html"
            encoding="ISO-8859-1"
            indent="no"
            meta http-equiv="refresh"
            content="3
            url="docs/samples/ess/index.html"/>

but Cocoon shows nothing, no error, just a blank page

sitemap:

<map:match pattern="esschunk2.html">
    <map:generate src="docs/samples/ess/ess31.xml"/>
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/docbook/html/chunk.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize type="html"/>
   </map:match>

or I tried this one:

<map:match pattern="docs/samples/ess/index.html">
    <map:generate src="docs/samples/ess/ess31.xml"/>
    <map:transform type="xslt" src="stylesheets/docbook/html/chunk.xsl"/>

Posted by Nick Entin <en...@togethersoft.com>.
Hi Eric,

Posted by Erik Stunkat <er...@poet.de>.
Hi

RE: no html output after pdf rendering

Posted by Erik Stunkat <er...@poet.de>.
Your are rigth, has to be xxx.pdf!

Thanks

Posted by Sebastien Koechlin <sk...@ivision.fr>.

Posted by Jörg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.
Hello Erik,

I would test the XSL-FO output before serializing it to PDF. So you can see
whether the docbook stylesheets work correctly. Furthermore you can test it
without Cocoon2, only using xalan.jar for XSL-transformation and fop.jar for
transformation to PDF. Both jars are delivered with Cocoon 2. The usage of
these jars you can find at http://xml.apache.org.

Joerg

--

System Development