Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Tim Davidson <ti...@greenhatconsulting.com> on 2003/08/13 17:42:08 UTC

Trying to put logs under ${CATALINA_HOME}/logs/

Ok I've narrowed down the problem,

this works fine:

log4j.appender.myAppender.File=c:/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24/logs/my_log.txt

but this doesn't:

log4j.appender.myAppender.File=${CATALINA_HOME}/logs/my_log.txt

it would appear that it completely ignores the "${CATALINA_HOME}" variable, which I have checked is defined. can anyone suggest a reason for this? I tried it with "${catalina.base}" which i saw somewhere but that doesnt work either. And it doesnt like ${file.separator} either. I'm running winNT.