Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Madan U S <ma...@collab.net> on 2006/03/31 11:04:16 UTC

Fix copyright messages in svnmerge.py

[[[
Make format of copyright notices uniform.

* contrib/client-side/svnmerge.py
  (global):
  (main)  : Fix copyright notice texts to be of format:
               Copyright (c) year[-range] owner.
            as per http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html#fnv

            NOTE: the form (c) is not authorized as per the above
            page. But doesnt matter, since the word 'Copyright'
            is present anyway. The '(c)' form is just figurative
            and does not serve any purpose.
]]]

RE: Re: Fix copyright messages in svnmerge.py

Posted by Madan U S <ma...@collab.net>.
On Saturday 01 Apr 2006 5:09 am, David James wrote:
> On 3/31/06, Madan U S <ma...@collab.net> wrote:
> >  Make format of copyright notices uniform.
>
> I agree that copyright notices should use the standard "(c)" instead
> of "(C)" in all places, but I don't think we need to commit this by
> itself because it only a very small inconsistency.

I had mentioned in the log that (c) or (C) doesnt serve any purpose. The whole
word (and only the word) 'copyright' has to be present. I had retained it to
not hurt anybody's feelings, and to avoid a discussion on that :)

Pl. notice other changes that make the two instances of the copyright message
uniform. *thats* what I wanted to accompolish.

Regards,
Madan.

Re: Fix copyright messages in svnmerge.py

Posted by David James <dj...@collab.net>.
On 3/31/06, Madan U S <ma...@collab.net> wrote:
>  Make format of copyright notices uniform.

I agree that copyright notices should use the standard "(c)" instead
of "(C)" in all places, but I don't think we need to commit this by
itself because it only a very small inconsistency. Next time I update
the svnmerge documentation, I will include your fix.

Thanks,

David

--
David James -- http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~james