Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2008/11/07 09:16:16 UTC

[Trinidad] a roadmap ?

Hi folks,

currently we support both, JSF 1.1 and JSF 1.2. The JSF 1.1, however
is the real trunk and JSF 1.2 is kinda a stepchild like trunk.
I'd like to *swap* the trunks.

trunk -> JSF 1.2 based Trinidad
trunk1x -> JSF 1.1 based Trinidad

Also, I'd like focus for upcoming releases (not the next 1.x.10
release) more on the JSF 1.2 version of Trinidad, at least for *big*
improvements (like fixing memory leaks, HA support, etc.) or
enhancements (new (api) features).

I think technically that would mean, the 1.0.n version kinda go into a
maintaining stage, where we "only" apply (serious) bug fixes.

Also, when we move to JSF 2.0 (yes... that may take a bit since a)
spec isn't final b) nobody will use it before 2010) it would make
sense
to kinda focus only on JSF 1.2, since applying those *new* 2.0
features require JSF 1.2.

Based the communities feedback, I'd like to write a wiki page, that
has a more detailed outline.

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: [Trinidad] a roadmap ?

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
over the last 1,5 weeks, I only got positive feedback on this.

So I filed this task against myself:
-https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-1311
-https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-1312

-Matthias