Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Steve Pruitt <bp...@opentext.com> on 2018/08/23 17:03:11 UTC

need help with a complicated join query

At least it is complicated to me.  :>)

We are investigating how to find return a list documents whose identifier is contained in a multi-value field in another document.
The index consists of essentially two different documents sharing some common fields.
To make it simple, I will refer to them as two different documents, but they are in the same index.
DocA has a multi-value field that contains a set of identifiers from DocBs.  The multi-value field is named "members"

I am trying to conceptualize a query join where for a given DocA the response contains those DocBs whose identifier is contained in DocA's members field.

Not sure how to piece this together.

I looked at function queries, but nothing jumped out.

Thanks.

-SP

Re: need help with a complicated join query

Posted by da...@gmail.com.
I'm thinking something like this: q={!join v=id:doca_1 from=members to=id}