Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "vincent.peres@gmail.com" <vi...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/21 14:17:46 UTC

HBase tables snippet

Hi,

We have an HBase cluster containing TBs of data. As a front-end developer, I
need a snippet of some tables to run tests on local. I would like to build a
script that would export a given number of rows for a given list of tables.
I had a look at the export / import table but it export the whole table.
Could you suggest me any tool / options that might help me doing this?

Thanks a lot!
Vincent

Re: HBase tables snippet

Posted by Sonal Goyal <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vincent,

If you are able to provide some criteria for selecting the
rows(rowkey/composite rowkey/column) etc, you can try using Crux at
https://github.com/sonalgoyal/crux. With Crux, you can  select specific data
in HBase columns by defining filters and view the data in a tabular/chart
format.

Let me know if you need any help.

Best Regards,
Sonal