Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2013/03/08 19:20:33 UTC

Roller Mobile Support

Hey all,

I believe Roller supports mobile now. However, it doesn't seem to be documented anywhere. Is there some documentation on how to use this feature?

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Roller Mobile Support

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matt,

The basic idea of Roller Mobile is that, for each template that you define
you can also define a Mobile template (see the template editor in 5.1; it
has a new Mobile tab so you can edit the 2nd template). If Roller
determines that you are accessing a blog via a mobile device then the
Mobile version of your template will be used. There is also a cookie
setting that makes it possible to add a "show full website" button to your
Mobile template places, but I'd have to look that one up.

In my opinion, responsive design is a better approach for mobile, but it is
a little harder and it's nice to have the option of showing alternate pages
to small format devices.

- Dave

Re: Roller Mobile Support

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.