Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2014/11/15 07:16:08 UTC

Re: git commit: [flex-utilities] [refs/heads/develop] - fix up a few spelling errors and the like

I don’t think we agreed to use international English, so utilize should
have a ‘z’.

>-    You can always checkout the latest source via git using the following
>-    command:
>+    You can always checkout the latest source from Apache's source
>control repository
>+    using the following commands:

The SDK uses the original text.  IMO, no need to alter the text and make
it inconsistent with our other releases.

>http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flex-utilities/blob/68e4e93a/flex-t
>ool-api/RELEASE_NOTES
>Currently None.
>

>-Please report new issues to our bugbase at:
>+Please report new issues to our bug base at:

The SDK uses the original text.  Again, no need to alter the text.  Other
than some missing ‘ and . there were no spelling errors and now there are.

This is not a high-profile release like TDF or the SDK.  The same quality
standards do not need to apply to all releases.

-Alex

Re: git commit: [flex-utilities] [refs/heads/develop] - fix up a few spelling errors and the like

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I don’t think we agreed to use international English, so utilize should
> have a ‘z’.

Nor have we agreed on using American English, more of our user base uses English other than American English if you look at the Google stats. Off top of head of the the English speakers about 30-40% of then speak American English.

> The SDK uses the original text.

Which is confusing, "Git" is the SCM, "git" is the command, we're using more than a single git command there. I'd suggest we fix up the SDK in a similar same way.

> The SDK uses the original text.

Which is not the correct spelling.

Justin