Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Amber Horvath <ah...@andrew.cmu.edu> on 2019/03/31 23:49:17 UTC

Request for Interview Participants

To Whom it May Concern,

Hi, my name is Amber Horvath and I’m a first year graduate student in Carnegie Mellon University’s Human Computer Interaction Institute. I’m studying the perceived usability of Apache Beam as part of a larger study of API usability. I’m interested in possibly recruiting some users of Apache Beam through this mailing list to partake in an interview on your usage of Apache Beam. The interview will cover questions relating to your mental model of Apache Beam, how you have used Apache Beam, what functionalities of the API you use most frequently and least frequently, and how you integrate Apache Beam into your larger data stack. The interview would be recorded and you would be compensated for $10 an hour, with the interview not taking any longer than 2 hours.

Thank you for your time and please let me know if you are interested or would like more information!

Amber Horvath

Re: Request for Interview Participants

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
I would say this is not unsolicited nor bulk, so it is not the same issue.

He wrote to the advertised place about Apache Beam.  It might be slightly
off-topic.

To me,.this sample is much better than if he scrapped the list and mailed
everyone who had posted privately.  That is what the other threads have
effectively been about.

You might post something that will help the next person looking such as:

We are bombarded by these type of survey requests.  It is unlikely you will
get a much of a response, certainly not one that is statistically
significant.  And if people resort to.spam, we will report it to the IRB.
I'd recommend you reconsider your project.

Regards, KAM

Fwd: Request for Interview Participants