Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org> on 2002/10/01 12:56:31 UTC

JK 1.2.1-beta

I started the JK 1.2.1 beta since I discovered many problems
in iSeries build which will make necessary a JK 1.2.1 release to
support iSeries.

BTW, while working on JNI support in iSeries i saw many suspects
area, in making pointer -> int -> jlong which make me think that
JNI is jk 1.2.1 need a serious review.

Re: JK 1.2.1-beta

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Glenn Nielsen wrote:
> You are currently working on mod_jk 1.2 and have done alot of
> work on the docs.  Would you like to do it?

We could add in the faq the common error messages and give an
explanation. Idea, even put an url to the online documentation on
jakarta ;-)

> I can do it if you can't, but I don't know when I would have the time.

I'm pretty busy these days, and I was thinking releasing jk 1.2.1 since
there was many fixes for iSeries, so jk 1.2.1 = jk 1.2.0 iSeries compatible.

Adding better error messages informations could be planned for jk 1.2.2
even if I think we should concentrate on jk2 now ;-)

Re: JK 1.2.1-beta

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.
You are currently working on mod_jk 1.2 and have done alot of
work on the docs.  Would you like to do it?

I can do it if you can't, but I don't know when I would have the time.

Regards,

Glenn

Re: JK 1.2.1-beta

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.

Re: JK 1.2.1-beta

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Bojan Smojver wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-10-01 at 23:41, Glenn Nielsen wrote:
>

>>Trying to interpret these error messages is a common question on tomcat-user.
>>
>>My proposal:
>>
>>1.  Change these errors messages so that they accurately identify what happened.
>>2.  For these common errors only report one error rather than a series of three.
>>3.  Add documentation to the mod_jk docs about what these errors mean.
>

> 2 sounds like quite a bit of work.

yes, it's too much works

> 3 I think is a must (your e-mail is a great start for it - maybe you can
> whack it in FAQ).

Yes, extend faq.xml/faq.html with error message.

> 1 would be nice, but people should be able to live with 3 if you don't
> have time for 1.

Why not put an URL to faq.html, for the common error messages, ie :

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jk/docs/faq.html#canconnect ?

Up to date documentation could be provided like this ?

What about same behaviour for jk2 ?

Re: JK 1.2.1-beta

Posted by Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>.
On Tue, 2002-10-01 at 23:41, Glenn Nielsen wrote:

> Trying to interpret these error messages is a common question on tomcat-user.
>
> My proposal:
>
> 1.  Change these errors messages so that they accurately identify what happened.
> 2.  For these common errors only report one error rather than a series of three.
> 3.  Add documentation to the mod_jk docs about what these errors mean.

2 sounds like quite a bit of work.

3 I think is a must (your e-mail is a great start for it - maybe you can
whack it in FAQ).

1 would be nice, but people should be able to live with 3 if you don't
have time for 1.

Bojan

Re: JK 1.2.1-beta

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.