Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by John Cabs <li...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/11 02:34:38 UTC

Maven Error when Building DEB packages

Hi Guys,

I was trying to install CS v.4.1.1 from scratch with fresh OS (Ubuntu).
I hit an error (see attached) when building the deb packages with maven, I
was following this docs -
http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.1/html/Installation_Guide/sect-source-builddebs.html
Am I suppose to use "mvn" or "mvn3"? Is a documentation typo error?

Thanks!

Litoy

Re: Maven Error when Building DEB packages

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
H John,

The docs seems alright. Hopefully mvn and mvn3 are the same. You can check:

13:14:39-daan@badjak:~/cloudstack/cloudstack (4.1|CHERRY-PICKING)$ mvn --version
Apache Maven 3.0.4 (r1232337; 2012-01-17 09:44:56+0100)
Maven home: /usr/share/maven
Java version: 1.6.0_51, vendor: Apple Inc.
Java home: /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: MacRoman
OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.6.8", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"

What seems to be the problem is the download by maven of dependencies.
It has cached failure notifications for those. You might try throwing
them away from ~/.m2 If that fails you should look at the repository
you are using. Is it local, see if it has maven central as a remote,
and what else is needed. Is it maven central, see if you can get the
missing jar there by hand and in the process find out why the build is
failing.

regards,
Daan

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 8:34 PM, John Cabs <li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I was trying to install CS v.4.1.1 from scratch with fresh OS (Ubuntu).
> I hit an error (see attached) when building the deb packages with maven, I
> was following this docs -
> http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.1/html/Installation_Guide/sect-source-builddebs.html
> Am I suppose to use "mvn" or "mvn3"? Is a documentation typo error?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Litoy

The assumption is that mvn == maven version 3.
The Install guide is pretty clear, IMO, about that requirement. See [1]
If there's a way we can be more clear, please let us know - preferably
by filing a bug against our documentation.

[1] http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.1/html/Installation_Guide/sect-source-prereq.html