You are viewing a plain text version of this content. The canonical link for it is here.
Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Rob Vesse <rv...@dotnetrdf.org> on 2014/09/18 16:51:39 UTC

2.12.1 Release?

All

Would people be interested in us putting out a 2.12.1 release in the next
couple of weeks?

There are various bug fixes and API changes we would like to have available
in a stable release and start exercising in our stack ASAP.  What work is
ongoing that people would like to get done prior to a new release?

It may be worth waiting to do the release after conducting the move to git
(since it looks like that vote will pass) so we can iron out any kinks in
the release process that it might introduce.

I am happy to volunteer as RM for this release

Rob



Re: 2.12.1 Release?

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com>.
I would like to add the querybuilder code.  However that is not critical
and could be released in 2.12.2.  The code tree is all org.apache.jena so
it should merge quickly.  test cases are included.  but there has been
minimal testing.

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 11:56 AM, Rob Vesse <rv...@dotnetrdf.org> wrote:

> Now we are past the Git migration do people think we are in a position to
> put out a 2.12.1 release?
>
> I'd like to cut a release candidate tomorrow if nobody objects?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rob
>
> On 19/09/2014 10:20, "Andy Seaborne" <an...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> >On 18/09/14 15:51, Rob Vesse wrote:
> >> All
> >>
> >> Would people be interested in us putting out a 2.12.1 release in the
> >>next
> >> couple of weeks?
> >>
> >> There are various bug fixes and API changes we would like to have
> >>available
> >> in a stable release and start exercising in our stack ASAP.  What work
> >>is
> >> ongoing that people would like to get done prior to a new release?
> >>
> >> It may be worth waiting to do the release after conducting the move to
> >>git
> >> (since it looks like that vote will pass) so we can iron out any kinks
> >>in
> >> the release process that it might introduce.
> >>
> >> I am happy to volunteer as RM for this release
> >>
> >> Rob
> >
> >Works for me.
> >
> >There will be Fuseki2 in trunk but not in the build.  It just means
> >source-release gets extra stuff in it.
> >
> >       Andy
> >
>
>
>
>
>


-- 
I like: Like Like - The likeliest place on the web
<http://like-like.xenei.com>
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/claudewarren

Re: 2.12.1 Release?

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 29/09/14 11:56, Rob Vesse wrote:
> Now we are past the Git migration do people think we are in a position to
> put out a 2.12.1 release?
>
> I'd like to cut a release candidate tomorrow if nobody objects?

Works for me.

Fuseki2 will be slurped up by source-release but it is not in the binary 
artifacts.  It does mean it's N&L need checking - they should be up to 
date.  With several MIT-licensed javascript things in it, it has a long 
LICENSE file.  I have just checked and updated the LICENSE-dist, not 
that it matters if there is no binary this time.

If it becomes a problem, just delete it from source used for source-release.

I want to get it into the build cycle but is better done after the next 
release so that it can settle down rather than drop in at the last minute.

	Andy

>
> Cheers,
>
> Rob
>
> On 19/09/2014 10:20, "Andy Seaborne" <an...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On 18/09/14 15:51, Rob Vesse wrote:
>>> All
>>>
>>> Would people be interested in us putting out a 2.12.1 release in the
>>> next
>>> couple of weeks?
>>>
>>> There are various bug fixes and API changes we would like to have
>>> available
>>> in a stable release and start exercising in our stack ASAP.  What work
>>> is
>>> ongoing that people would like to get done prior to a new release?
>>>
>>> It may be worth waiting to do the release after conducting the move to
>>> git
>>> (since it looks like that vote will pass) so we can iron out any kinks
>>> in
>>> the release process that it might introduce.
>>>
>>> I am happy to volunteer as RM for this release
>>>
>>> Rob
>>
>> Works for me.
>>
>> There will be Fuseki2 in trunk but not in the build.  It just means
>> source-release gets extra stuff in it.
>>
>> 	Andy
>>
>
>
>
>


Re: 2.12.1 Release?

Posted by Rob Vesse <rv...@dotnetrdf.org>.
Now we are past the Git migration do people think we are in a position to
put out a 2.12.1 release?

I'd like to cut a release candidate tomorrow if nobody objects?

Cheers,

Rob

On 19/09/2014 10:20, "Andy Seaborne" <an...@apache.org> wrote:

>On 18/09/14 15:51, Rob Vesse wrote:
>> All
>>
>> Would people be interested in us putting out a 2.12.1 release in the
>>next
>> couple of weeks?
>>
>> There are various bug fixes and API changes we would like to have
>>available
>> in a stable release and start exercising in our stack ASAP.  What work
>>is
>> ongoing that people would like to get done prior to a new release?
>>
>> It may be worth waiting to do the release after conducting the move to
>>git
>> (since it looks like that vote will pass) so we can iron out any kinks
>>in
>> the release process that it might introduce.
>>
>> I am happy to volunteer as RM for this release
>>
>> Rob
>
>Works for me.
>
>There will be Fuseki2 in trunk but not in the build.  It just means
>source-release gets extra stuff in it.
>
>	Andy
>





Re: 2.12.1 Release?

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 18/09/14 15:51, Rob Vesse wrote:
> All
>
> Would people be interested in us putting out a 2.12.1 release in the next
> couple of weeks?
>
> There are various bug fixes and API changes we would like to have available
> in a stable release and start exercising in our stack ASAP.  What work is
> ongoing that people would like to get done prior to a new release?
>
> It may be worth waiting to do the release after conducting the move to git
> (since it looks like that vote will pass) so we can iron out any kinks in
> the release process that it might introduce.
>
> I am happy to volunteer as RM for this release
>
> Rob

Works for me.

There will be Fuseki2 in trunk but not in the build.  It just means 
source-release gets extra stuff in it.

	Andy