Posted to general@xml.apache.org by ig...@surf-callino.de on 2000/11/04 18:10:13 UTC

crimson enhancements

hi, i added bigger element functionality to the crimson parser,
acually, where do i send this now?

regards,

nick
--
et après - ?

Re: crimson enhancements

Posted by Edwin Goei <Ed...@eng.sun.com>.
igel@surf-callino.de wrote:

> On 14 Nov 2000, at 11:36, Edwin Goei wrote:
>
> > As far as I know, it was decided recently that crimson will become a
> > top level project at Apache, but to be deprecated (as will Xerces1)
> > and that future development be focused on Xerces2, a new parser.
>
> but its part of jaxp1.1!!!

Yes, but the current long term plan is to move to Xerces2, but it's not
ready yet.

> [...]
> > I'm generally the person making changes to
> > crimson so you can post the changes to this list.
>
> k, here we go, hope there arent any problems about attachements
> in this group.
>
> the thing i wanted was to create better access to the dtd,
> especially to the element elements. however, the code i send you
> is not final. it works, but it lacks some features i better should
> implement as well. i would do this if there was any interest on this
> type of enhancements.

OK, thanks.  I don't have time to look at your changes right now.  Also,
a separate crimson repository is in the process of being set up.  Watch
this space for more info.

-Edwin

Re: crimson enhancements

Posted by ig...@surf-callino.de.

Re: crimson enhancements

Posted by Edwin Goei <Ed...@eng.sun.com>.
igel@surf-callino.de wrote:

> hi, i added bigger element functionality to the crimson parser,
> acually, where do i send this now?

As far as I know, it was decided recently that crimson will become a top
level project at Apache, but to be deprecated (as will Xerces1) and that
future development be focused on Xerces2, a new parser.  So someone is
supposed to move the repository from /xml-contrib/crimson to a different
location.  I'm generally the person making changes to crimson so you can