Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/02 00:57:26 UTC

Re: [build] source of epm source package no longer available

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 4:11 AM, Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 13:03:10 +0200
> Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 29.04.2013 10:02, Rory O'Farrell wrote:

> for
> closed
> could

> > > A quick search suggests that the source is moving to
> > > http://www.msweet.org/projects.php?Z2
> > >
> > > More details are given at
> > > http://www.msweet.org/about.php
> > >

> > Thanks for providing this possible new resource.
> > My quick search was not as sucessful as yours.
> >
> Sorry
>  my last post go away, as posts sometimes do!
>
> I use the term "quick search" to mean "here is what looks like a good hit
> - I haven't time to search further".
>
> It is worth reading the details at the second URL - the code is the same,
> from the same author - the transfer is due to commercial restructuring.
>

> --
> Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

The correct link (4.2) seems to be:

http://www.msweet.org/files/project2/epm-4.2-source.tar.bz2

But, since we have epm in extras already -- well 3.7. For some reason I
thought the builds got the packs from extras if the link failed, or is this
a configure option that would need to be changed?

MzK

"There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain."
                        -- Captain Roy Montgomery, "Castle"

Re: [build] source of epm source package no longer available

Posted by Albino B Neto <bi...@apache.org>.
2013/5/2 Andre Fischer <aw...@gmail.com>:
> There is also the version that we use at the moment:
> http://www.msweet.org/files/project2/epm-3.7-source.tar.gz
> it even has the right MD5 checksum so we don't have to change
> main/epm/makefile.mk

I also have this, I not has problems more.

--
Albino B Neto
Debian GNU/Linux | FSFLA | Free Software

Re: [build] source of epm source package no longer available

Posted by Albino B Neto <bi...@gmail.com>.
2013/5/2 Andre Fischer <aw...@gmail.com>:
>> http://www.msweet.org/files/project2/epm-4.2-source.tar.bz2
>>
>> But, since we have epm in extras already -- well 3.7. For some reason I
>> thought the builds got the packs from extras if the link failed, or is
>> this

+1

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 03/05/2013 Herbert Dürr wrote:
> On 2013/05/02 9:39 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> In general, we should
>> consolidate build dependencies (libraries, dictionaries) on as few
>> servers as possible, to avoid problems like this one.
> +1
> We already have [3] as backup to upstream locations for the category-B
> stuff. Can we put category-X stuff up there too?
> [3] https://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/ooo-extras/downloads/list

I'm not aware of any policy on Apache Extras that would forbid it. We
could maybe think, for clarity, about separating libraries from build
tools (like EPM and dmake) since their license applies in different ways.

This way we could be sure that a build only requires Apache Extras (for
tools/libraries) and the Extensions site (for dictionaries; actually we
still have one dictionary that is only available through a third-party
site, but this can be fixed).

Also note that the copy on Apache Extras is our only reference copy for
several dependencies: look for "This seems to be the original host, but
the MD5 sum does not match" in
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/trunk/main/external_deps.lst?view=co

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: [build] source of epm source package no longer available

Posted by Herbert Dürr <hd...@apache.org>.
On 2013/05/02 9:39 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Andrew Rist wrote:
>> On 5/2/2013 12:22 AM, Andre Fischer wrote:
>>> There is also the version that we use at the moment:
>>> http://www.msweet.org/files/project2/epm-3.7-source.tar.gz
>> changes made and linux 64 build kicked off...
>
> I've just updated the Building Guide accordingly:
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO#Configuration_and_bootstrapping

Thanks!

>>> The only thing that has to be changed is configure.in, where there is
>>> a suggestion for the download (line 132 where the --with-epm-url
>>> option is defined).
>>> But copying it to apache extras would probably be better.
>>> Any volunteers to make the necessary changes?

Done [1]. I also added an alternative location [2] that seems to be more
generic. It also has the matching MD5.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=r1478665
[2] http://epm.sourcearchive.com/downloads/3.7-1/epm_3.7.orig.tar.gz

> Both proposed changes make sense too, of course. In general, we should
> consolidate build dependencies (libraries, dictionaries) on as few
> servers as possible, to avoid problems like this one.

+1
We already have [3] as backup to upstream locations for the category-B
stuff. Can we put category-X stuff up there too?

[3] https://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/ooo-extras/downloads/list

Herbert

Re: [build] source of epm source package no longer available

Posted by Albino B Neto <bi...@apache.org>.
2013/5/2 Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>:
> I've just updated the Building Guide accordingly:
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO#Configuration_and_bootstrapping

Here also [1].

1 - http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.