Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Matteo Merli <mm...@apache.org> on 2018/10/09 18:44:29 UTC

[DRAFT] Project report

Please review the project report to submit:

--------

Pulsar is a highly scalable, low latency messaging platform running on
commodity hardware. It provides simple pub-sub semantics over topics,
guaranteed at-least-once delivery of messages, automatic cursor management
for
subscribers, and cross-datacenter replication.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
  - The project has graduated as TLP on Sep. 19th.
  - The community has been following the steps for graduation to update
code and website
  - 3 talks on were presented at ApacheCon NA 2018
  - 1 talk was presented at Strata NY in September
  - Community is preparing to release Apache Pulsar 2.2.0. This will be
    the first release after graduation. Biggest features for this release
are :
     * Support for interactive SQL querying
     * Added more builtin connectors for Pulsar IO

## Health report:
  - There is healthy grow in the community
  - Activity on the Slack channel has increased considerably. People
    are encouraged to move long discussions and proposals to dev@ and
    @users lists.
  - Several new developers have joined the community providing new
    feature proposals that were discussed with the community and
    finally contributed to the project. We plan to start discussion on
    committer/PMC pipeline soon.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 23 PMC members
 - No new PMC added in the last month -- All existing PPMC member have
joined the PMC

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 23 committers
 - No new committers added in the last month

## Releases:

  - 2.1.1-incubating was released on Sep. 19th

## Mailing list activity:

 - Activity on the mailing lists remains high with a mixture of new users,
   contributors, and deeper more experienced users and contributors sparking
   discussion and questions and filing bugs or new features.

 - users@pulsar.apache.org:
    - 30 emails sent to list in Sep (59 in Aug)

 - dev@pulsar.apache.org:
    - 193 emails sent to list in Sep (182 in Aug)

## GitHub activity:

 - 182 PR were merged in the last 1 month
 - 51 Issues were created and 45 closed in the last 1 month

--
Matteo Merli
<mm...@apache.org>

Re: [DRAFT] Project report