Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Najeeb Elahi <na...@kth.se> on 2006/12/06 18:23:44 UTC

FATAL ERRORs when runing Maven2

Hi,
I tried to run ODE on both Eclipse and on Command prompt as you ppl
suggested. But I got error on both platforms :)

So far I’ve ODE,,, SVN in Eclipse and also have plug-in of Maven2
Error:
----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:  org.apache.ode:distro-jbi-2.0-SNAPSHOT.pom

When I’m trying to run through Command prompt with this command

Root> mvn install
I’ve also tried these commands

cd dao-hibernate-db-derby
mvn install
cd ..
mvn install

Than I got this error:

[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
---
[INFO] An invalid artifact was detected.

This artifact might be in your project's POM, or it might have been
included tra
nsitively during the resolution process. Here is the information we do
have for
this artifact:

    o GroupID:     org.apache.ode
    o ArtifactID:  ode-dao-hibernate-db-derby
    o Version:     2.0-SNAPSHOT
    o Type:        tar

Any suggestions?
Thanks in anticipation,
Best Regards!

Najeeb Elahi
MSc Software Engineering of Distributed Systems,
Royal Institute of Technology (KTH),
Stockholm,Sweden
Cell # : 00353-86 2444 094
Emails: najeeb@kth.se , najeebelahi@gmail.com

Re: FATAL ERRORs when runing Maven2

Posted by Najeeb Elahi <na...@kth.se>.
Hi,
thanks alex,
it works now, i was using Maven2 but the right version is maven 2.0.4
now it works perfectly,
cheers

Cell # : 0046-704255681
Emails: najeeb@kth.se , najeebelahi@gmail.com

Re: Running HelloWorld sample

Posted by sam tam <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello Najeeb,

I too experienced the same problem for a long time and i dont know know what
i did but i got things working later.

But you can try this :
C:\Documents and Settings\najela\ode\bpel-test

Open the above module in eclipse (ie go to bpel-test then give mvn
eclipse:eclipse ..I think you know this..)

open the file present in bpel-test\src\test\java\org\apache\ode\test\

There you will find :BpelTest.java file. This file will interact with ODE
runtime pro- grammatically rather using sendsoap.bat . This
BpelTest.javawill start - deploy a bpel process-invokes the operations
- gets the
response from ODE .

Just create an obj for that class and call setUp()
then call go("target/test-classes/bpel/2.0/HelloWorld2");
and finally tearDown();

For simplicity,

Just print the response : ie there will be a line

mex.invoke(request);

below that type this :

Message response = mex.getResponse();
String resp=DOMUtils.domToString(response.getMessage());
System.out.println("Ode response : ",+resp);

ignore the switch case as of now...

Just in case i have given below entire go method of BPELTest.java with
modifications
Modifications here are like i have given all test.properties values
directly.

protected void go(String deployDir) throws Exception {

            Collection<QName> procs =  store.deploy(new File(deployDir));
            for (QName procName : procs) {
                server.register(store.getProcessConfiguration(procName));

            }
         QName serviceId = new QName("http://ode/bpel/unit-test.wsdl
","HelloService");

            String operation ="hello";

            System.out.println("Operation ="+operation);

            MyRoleMessageExchange mex = server.getEngine()
                    .createMessageExchange("", serviceId, operation);

                String in="<message><TestPart>Hello</TestPart></message>";
                System.out.println("Input String :"+in);
                mexContext.clearCurrentResponse();

                Message request = mex.createMessage(null);

                Element elem = DOMUtils.stringToDOM(in);
                request.setMessage(elem);

                System.out.println("Elem = "+elem.toString());
                mex.invoke(request);
                System.out.println("Mex invoked ");

                 Message response = mex.getResponse();
                 System.out.println("Output from ODE runtime:  ");
                String resp = (response == null) ? "null" : DOMUtils
                        .domToString(response.getMessage());
                System.out.println(resp);

            }

Sam...

Msc Software Engg.
PSG College of Technology
India.

Running HelloWorld sample

Posted by Najeeb Elahi <na...@kth.se>.
Hi,
[...]

=> sendsoap http://localhost:8080/ode/processes/helloWorld testRequest.soap

Now i get

Re: deploy.xml ???

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

There's some documentation in our user guide, in the "creating a process
section":

http://incubator.apache.org/ode/creating-a-process.html

There's nothing specific required in deploy.xml for "Magic Session".

Matthieu

deploy.xml ???

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
Can you try the following: