Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/06 16:07:03 UTC

TomEE: pros/cons of adding openejb-javaagent.jar to java options

What are the pros/cons of adding the following to java options when running
app in/on TomEE via (Windows) service?

-javaagent:C:\apache-tomee-plus-1.6.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\openejb-javaagent.jar

I recognized that NetBeans adds this automatically to java options, when I
start TomEE via netBeans. I recognized this while trying to get the
Sampler>Memory button enabled in Java Visual VM for TomEE running as
Windows service on production server[1].

So, I added openejb-javaagent.jar to java options, and that did not solve
the problem (and after some research, sampler>memory button will be
enabled, if tomee-running-as-service and java visual vm...are the same
'user'...that's my assumption, at least).

So, back to the question, what are the pros/cons of adding
openejb-javaagent.jar to java options of tomee-running-as-service?

Thanks,
Howard

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8799929/visualvm-unable-to-sampler-memory

Re: TomEE: pros/cons of adding openejb-javaagent.jar to java options

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
basically openjpa jar is only used when using openjpa as provider so can be
surely removed (with some of its deps)

*Romain Manni-Bucau*

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.