Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/19 21:47:47 UTC

Re: Apache Hadoop 3.1.1 release plan

Hi all,

After several blockers of 3.1.1 landed, I think we're pretty close to a
clean 3.1.1 branch ready for RC.

By far we have two blockers targeted 3.1.1 [1], and there're 420 tickets
have fix version = 3.1.1 [2]

As we previously communicated for 3.1.1 release date (May 01), we have
delayed for more than two months, which I want to get 3.1.1 released as
soon as possible. I just cut branch-3.1.1 for blockers only. Branch-3.1
will be open for all bug fixes.

I'm going to create RC0 by end of tomorrow or the last blocker get
resolved, whichever is the later. Please let me know if there are any other
blockers need to get in 3.1.1.

[1] project in (YARN, HADOOP, MAPREDUCE, HDFS) AND priority in (Blocker,
Critical) AND resolution = Unresolved AND "Target Version/s" = 3.1.1 ORDER
BY priority DESC
[2] project in (YARN, HADOOP, MAPREDUCE, HDFS) AND fixVersion in (3.1.1)
ORDER BY priority DESC

Thanks,
Wangda

Posted by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I'm working on RC for 3.1.1 now, if you have any commits to 3.1.x line,
please commit them to branch-3.1.

If it is a blocker for 3.1.1, please let me know so we can decide if we
want to roll another RC or not.

Thanks,
Wangda

Posted by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com>.