Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org> on 2015/01/20 15:28:57 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1653252 - in /commons/proper/compress/trunk/src: changes/ main/java/org/apache/commons/compress/archivers/sevenz/ test/java/org/apache/commons/compress/archivers/sevenz/

Le 20/01/2015 15:24, bodewig@apache.org a écrit :
> Author: bodewig
> Date: Tue Jan 20 14:24:34 2015
> New Revision: 1653252

> Log:
> throw a special exception when there is no password for an encrpyted 7z archive - COMPRESS-298

Is it possible to mention the name of the file in the message of the
exception? If commons-compress processes a collection of compressed
files I think it's nice to know which one caused an issue.

Emmanuel Bourg

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2015-01-20, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:

> Le 20/01/2015 15:24, bodewig@apache.org a écrit :

>> throw a special exception when there is no password for an encrpyted
>> 7z archive - COMPRESS-298

> Is it possible to mention the name of the file in the message of the
> exception?

Not without modifying the CoderBase contract since the class throwing
the exception only knows the stream it is supposed to decode.

Since all this is package private, it should be possible to do it.  I'll
take a look.

Thanks

        Stefan