Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl> on 2013/08/28 10:27:49 UTC

[1.4] Binaries for the release

Hi everyone,

I think we want to release binaries with the release. Are people
available to build these today?

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Release_Procedure#Preparing_the_Binary_Packages

We would like to release todayish because that would get 1.4.0 into
the upcoming Ubuntu release cycle. This is a little late notice, I
forgot about the Ubuntu thing and am currently at a Mozilla sprint in
Paris.

Cheers,

Dirkjan

Re: [1.4] Binaries for the release

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.
Hi folks,

I got both windows ones done & pushed here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/binary/win/1.4.0/rc.1/

testing welcomed, they work for me on Windows 7 N Enterprise x64.

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Windows_Binary_Packages#Giving_Feedback_on_the_Binaries

A+
Dave

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com> wrote:
> I got windows test ones here for R14B04 only:
>
>     https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jeifcxpbtpo78ak/A2uXiNFsZa/snapshots/20130824
>
> I *may* get time for an R16B01 later today, but I'm happy to go with
> R14B04 for the release itself.

Hey, Dave!

Do you want to make a videocast of your magic for our small newbie
Windows-builders team?(:
Suddenly, we'd missed this chance for the whole release preparation...

--
,,,^..^,,,

Re: [1.4] Binaries for the release

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
Cheers Andy! :)

Jan

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de>.
On 30 August 2013 00:53, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
> Sorry it took a while.
>
> Can you give this a little sanity check?
>
> 1. Download https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82149/Apache-CouchDB-1.4.0.zip
> 2. Double click to unzip
> 3. Make sure no other CouchDB is running (on port 5984)
> 4. Double click the “Apache CouchDB” App
> 5. Wait for Futon to show up in your default browser.
> 6. You are done, please report your results here :)
> 7. Do *not* run the JS test suite.
>
> Thanks for your help!
> Jan

works like a charm for me ;-)

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On Aug 30, 2013, at 21:22 , Filippo Fadda <fi...@programmazione.it> wrote:

> If so, it's OK, I didn't look at the menu bar. There is not a normal UX pattern. Some daemons add a config item in the System Preferences, some others offer an "uninstall" procedure. But an icon on the menu bar, like Dropbox, it's ok, I just didn't note it. Maybe the icon would be red and animated for some seconds when the daemon starts, just to capture the user attention.

Patches welcome https://github.com/janl/couchdb-mac-app :)

FWIW, this app used to be a real proper app and then *everybody* wanted this to be a menu bar item. So that happened :)

Jan

Posted by Filippo Fadda <fi...@programmazione.it>.

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.
Hey Filippo,

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On Aug 30, 2013, at 13:46 , Filippo Fadda <fi...@programmazione.it> wrote:

> it works for me,
>
> but a thing I don't like is that when you run the app, it doesn't appear on the dock and to quit you have to use Activity Monitor.

It should appear in the menu bar and has a “Quit” menu item :)

Best
Jan

Posted by Filippo Fadda <fi...@programmazione.it>.
it works for me,

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
Thanks Dave & Eli,

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Simon Metson <si...@cloudant.com>.
You could deploy it into your release if you don't mind doing some trickery...

Posted by Garren Smith <ga...@apache.org>.
Hi Eli,

Posted by "Eli Stevens (Gmail)" <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.