Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Richard Staehli <Ri...@expeditors.com> on 2022/10/11 00:14:48 UTC

how to debug PutDatabaseRecord "Unable to setObject() with value desc at index 1 of type 12"

The details of my current problem shown below are probably less relevant that my bigger question of "how to debug" configuration of a processor like PutDatabaseRecord?  It would help to have a working example, updating a DB2 database table with data from json records.  When I get the error "Unable to setObject() with value desc at index 1 of type 12" I can tell from the data "desc" that it is referring to the demo data value "desc" that I'm trying to use in the update to the  DESCRIPTION column in this table.  But this is just a "string" in the json schema and the column type "12" is just a varchar(160) so it's hard to guess at what the actual problem is.

The processor is configured like this:

[cid:image001.png@01D8DCC8.CB3BBF50]

And the JsonTreeReader like this:

[cid:image002.png@01D8DCC9.38DE2750]

And Database Connection Pooling Service:

[cid:image003.png@01D8DCCA.560A4DD0]