Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "stroy@wipsi.com" <sr...@wipsi.com> on 2002/10/15 02:08:07 UTC

Nested form and value object conversion

Does anyone had experience using nested form when populated from value
object?

Suppose I want to show a list of object and have one text field or checkbox
for each row. These two properties of the form map to two properties of the
value objects.

In order to do this, I need to iterate in each child form.

My question is; What is the best way to achieve this?

The best I could come out was to use the copyProperties of beanutils and to
write a converter to convert each value object to a form and another to
convert each form to a value objectÂ…

I asked this before but I do not think I was clear on what I wanted to do
exactly.

Thank you.
Stephan