Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@mindspring.com> on 2006/07/16 23:23:50 UTC

Entity question: (redux) How to create an entity without a primary key?

Hello All:
Is this possible: can I create an entity without a primary key?

TIA
Ruth

Re: Entity question: (redux) How to create an entity without a primary key?

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@mindspring.com>.
Hi Chris:
I discovered that trick works, by accident, on one of my attempts to
figure this out.
Thanks again,
Ruth

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@mindspring.com>.
Hi Chris:
Here's the log file excerpt:

    17716 (main) [       DatabaseUtil.java:364:ERROR] Could not create
    table [public.CDRDATA]: SQL Exception while executing the following:
    CREATE TABLE public.CDRDATA (CALL_SN SERIAL, CORRELATION_ID INT4,
    ....[fields deleted to protect the innocent].... MATCHED_FLAG
    CHAR(1),  PRIMARY KEY ())
    Error was: java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: syntax error at or near ")"
    17722 (main) [   GenericDelegator.java:176:INFO ] Delegator
    "default" initializing helper "localderbyodbc" for entity group
    "org.ofbiz.odbc".

Ruth

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@mindspring.com>.