Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jan Breuer <ja...@jaybee.cz> on 2017/04/03 12:15:59 UTC

Re: [nbdev] Re: CND with bare metal target: module + netbeans modifications

Hello Emilian,
thank you, I will repost it to apache incubator.

I have patched version of NetBeans 7.4 but all patches are ugly. It does
not run with clean NetBeans. I have also ported it to 8.2 without problems
but it remains the same ugly patches. I need to do it right and probably
push something upstream.

> Sounds like you need some API based on GdbDebuggerImpl? How did things
work before?
Some API will be nice. I had heavily modified version of GdbDebuggerImpl.

> This sounds like isRemote() to me, although communication is not via SSH.
Mainly yes, but it is not true in all cases. It is few years I have done
the patching of GdbDebuggerImpl and cnd.makeproject so it may be better in
recent versions. I must investigate it.

> PS: I assume you heard of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleepycat_Software
It was school project so the name was not important. Now, I can rename it,
because of this colision.

--Jan

Posted by Vladimir Voskresensky <Vl...@oracle.com>.
Hello Jan,

I think for prototyping your approach could be fine, but for the
production you should introduce new project type and new debugger
modules instead.
Debugger module could be based on cnd.debugger.common2 APIs
All other parts of CND (including code assistance and refactorings) will
work as soon as you implement NativeProjectProvider in your project's
Lookup.
This is the recommended way comparing and was successfully used i.e. by
https://dzone.com/articles/nb-microchip. Btw, targeting bare metal as well.

Hope it helps,
Vladimir.