Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Puneet Malik <Pu...@infosys.com> on 2005/06/24 11:09:21 UTC

Retrieve all embedded resources with HTML files.

Hi All,

My application's login page takes some 5-6 seconds to load when I
manually time it. However, JMeter shows 3 seconds. I thought this may be
a problem because I had not checked the option "Retrieve all embedded
resources with HTML files" in HTTP Request. But with this option checked
JMeter shows load time of 22 secs. Is this because the browser checks
for cached contents before downloading them. If this is so, then how can
I get the realistic load times from JMeter.

Thanks,

Puneet

Re: Retrieve all embedded resources with HTML files.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
keep in mind that load testing tools like JMeter is suppose to
"simulate" load. So be it Mercury, Jmeter or TestMaker, it isn't going
to behave exactly like a real browser. If it did, the tool wouldn't be
able to produce sufficient load.

the browser actually spends most of the time rendering and parsing the
page, so that's why it's slower. If you're looking for realistic user
level timing, I would suggest using some other tool. For stress
testing, what matters more is generating sufficient load efficiently.

hope that helps

peter