Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by jake123 <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/18 22:24:49 UTC

Anybody have the FCKEditor working in IE7?

Hi,
we have currently FCKEditor version 2.3.2 in our tapestry application and
that does not work in IE7.
Where the toolbar and the textarea are supposed to be displayed there is
only a big white space and we don't see any javascript errors.... anybody
have this working? We tried to update to FCKEditor version 2.4.2 but the
result is the same.

It works fine in Firefox...

Thanks
Jacob

RE: Anybody have the FCKEditor working in IE7?

Posted by Ma...@bmw.ch.
> I would be interested in the latest version.  Is there a
> reason it is not publicly available?

Not really. It just seemed too much work for a very limited group of
potential users ;).

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org>.
You might try:

https://tapestryfckeditor.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?
folderID=3052&expandFolder=3052&folderID=0

Robert

Posted by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com>.

Posted by jake123 <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
that would be great if you could send me the files and we could try if it
from here...

Send it to the email attached to my account here in the forum

Thanks a lot,
Jacob

Posted by Bryan Lewis <br...@maine.rr.com>.

Posted by Jacob Bergoo <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
my problem turned out to be ... a non problem... In 2 different places in
our app we have a tab group and in the first tab on both of the tab groups
we have the FCKEditor. The one page I checked before my posting here on the
list didn't render the FCKEditor but the second one did and we have a slight
difference in how we build up the page. The one that works we don't show the
tab group until we have selected the article that we will display inside. So
somehow the other page where we show the tab group something is interfering
with the editor.

So we just changed the we we render the page and this problem is no more.
Thanks guys for all the help to try to find a solution to our problem.

Cheers,

Posted by James Sherwood <js...@rgisolutions.com>.
Hello,

I start work on integrating it into tapestry today but I have it working
fine in IE7 on Vista on my development machine outside of tapestry.

One thing Ive noticed though is that IE7 on my machine thinks its a security
breach to accept the path to the js or the path to the editor above the
current folder(IE ../../fckeditor.js) and shows a page cannot be displayed
in the iframe. Dunno if this means anything to you.  Also, I am working with
the latest version.

--James