Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Buchardt <Bu...@EUS.de> on 2001/12/05 17:13:22 UTC

Tomcat 4.0.1: Deploying a servlet

Hi you all,

I tried to deploy a servlet as a part of a web-service via the web.xml file.

The relevant content of the web.xml file is some information about two
parameters to initialize the web-service, i.e. the name of a file, that is
to create within the service and the location where to store the file.
Within the service-class, some default values for the name and the location
of the file are given. They should be overridden, if existent by the
servlet. So the web.xml file contains these parameters, but the
service-class doesn't pay attention to them.

I have located the web.xml file in a directory "web-inf" below the "document
root directory" of the service.

Where is my error, resp. what did I forget?
Thanks in advance

Michael