Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Kranti™ K K Parisa <kr...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/21 23:59:01 UTC

Compilation Erro - ExampleXML2PDF

Hi,

I am new to FOP. and i want to create PDF files using XML and XSLT that i
have to show XML in HTML.
I am trying to run the sameple ExampleXML2PDF.java class.

But not able to compile that due to

Result res = new SAXResult(fop.getDefaultHandler());

seems fop.getDefaultHandler() doesn't exists.

using the code from
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/examples/embedding/java/embedding/ExampleXML2PDF.java?view=markup

Please suggest how could i achieve PDF generation using XML and XSLT.(I dont
have FO file)

Thanks in advance.

--
Kranti K K Parisa
M: +91 - 9391 - 438 - 738

Re: Compilation Erro - ExampleXML2PDF

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On 23 Jun 2009, at 09:56, Kranti™ K K Parisa wrote:

Hi

> How ever I am trying to get the header and footers repeating on each
> page.. how could I get this ?
> If any example code please do post that.

You will definitely want to take a look at:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/examples/fo/pagination/basic2.fo?revision=197515

HTH!

Andreas

Re: Compilation Erro - ExampleXML2PDF

Posted by Kranti™ K K Parisa <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I got that working, the error was due to earlier version of fop also
incoluded in classpath, I removed that then its working fine.

How ever I am trying to get the header and footers repeating on each page..
how could I get this ?
If any example code please do post that.

Thanks, Kranti.

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.