Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Florian Müller <fm...@opentext.com> on 2010/03/25 19:31:03 UTC

Client API create* calls

Hi,

I would like to change the signatures of the create* calls of the client API. The properties of the object to create are currently passed as List<Property<?>>. I would like to change that to Map<String, Object> (key=property id, value=property value) because it's much simpler to use.

Any objections?

Florian

Re: Client API create* calls

Posted by Stephan Klevenz <st...@klaeff.de>.
Agree

+1

Am 25.03.2010 um 19:31 schrieb Florian Müller:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to change the signatures of the create* calls of the client API. The properties of the object to create are currently passed as List<Property<?>>. I would like to change that to Map<String, Object> (key=property id, value=property value) because it's much simpler to use.
>
> Any objections?
>
> Florian

----
Stephan Klevenz

Fabrikstr. 45
69126 Heidelberg

Tel.: +49 6221 879625
Fax.: +49 6221 339926

RE: Client API create* calls

Posted by Florian Müller <fm...@opentext.com>.
No, ordering is not important. But if you want to force a specific order, for whatever reason, you could provide a LinkekHashMap.

- Florian

Not sure if I get to vote, but it sounds good to me.  Unless ordering was somehow important for those calls, but I don't see how it could be.

-Lennard

Re: Client API create* calls

Posted by Lennard Fuller <lf...@unicon.net>.