Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/19 21:24:40 UTC

re: tapdoc

Sorry for not responding sooner, I didn't want to randomly blurt
something out if it might cause someone to do work based on something
I said.

Of course I'd love to have the help of some sort of auto-generated
documentation help. My personal wishes for something like this would
be:

-) Ability for tapdoc to generate and contribute to the reporting
lifecycle of maven in such a way that it becomes an integrated part of
the normal maven site generation. This would mean that it would use
the same stylesheets/maven theme that the rest of the site already
uses as well as ~not~ creating a separate site with frames and such.
I'm leaning more and more towards the belief that branding/visual
presentation/etc of Tapestry is really important for us to maintain
and be sticklers about - so the ability to have a seamless flow of
documentation would be really helpful towards this goal. (whenever
possible, javadocs and the use of naturaldocs are unavoidable )

-) Have the code for tapdoc hosted in a public source control
repository that all tapestry committers have access to.

-) Additionally need the ability for tapestry developers to publish
the plugin in an ibiblio friendly maven repo somewhere. We currently
either use the apache servers or howardlewisship.com to do this.

None of this sounds like a light undertaking I know, but if we're
going to get ourselves into a situation where we depend on a tool for
something as critical as documentation I want to make sure it's as
friendly as possible.

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Re: tapdoc

Posted by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com>.
OK, I do my best :)

Regards:
Norbi

Re: tapdoc

Posted by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com>.
I'm working on a new release, its primary goal is better documentation.

The info comes from .jwc files and javadoc comments as well, so you can
generate documentation for annotation based components. (Although there
is a related issue: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1192)
Additional information comes from special Component.tapdoc.xml files
which is currently undocumented :|

Regards:
Norbi

Re: tapdoc