Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Trapo <ne...@trapo.it> on 2004/03/04 15:28:48 UTC

Tomcat 5 and Lenya, any successfull installation?

   Hi list,

         i'm trying to get lenya working on tomcat 5 (under redhat
linux) but i have some problems that i do not have with tomcat 4 (but
under xp).  Has anyone experienced a successfull installation with
linux+tomcat5?

Giampaolo/Trapo

Re: Tomcat 5 and Lenya, any successfull installation?

Posted by Christian Kreutz <sc...@gmx.de>.
> linux (debian) and tomcat5 run great for me.  Much better
> (faster/lightweight) then tomcat4!

Agree: I have lenya running with tomcat 5 on suse 8.0 and windows xp. (2
month)
It is faster and I didn't have any problems so far.

Christian

Posted by Justus Brugman <br...@kpmg-ct.com>.
Indeed, i'm running it successfully now using Tomcat 5.019 on Suse,
Debian and Knoppix (also debian).
Justus

Tomcat 5.0.x. improves on Tomcat 4.1 in many ways, including:

    * Performance optimizations and reduced garbage collection
    * Refactored application deployer, with an optional standalone deployer allowing validation and compilation of a web application before putting it in production
    * Complete server monitoring using JMX and the manager web application
    * Scalability and reliability enhancements
    * Improved Taglibs handling, including advanced pooling and tag plugins
    * Improved platform integration, with native Windows and Unix wrappers
    * Embedding of Tomcat using JMX
    * Enhanced Security Manager support
    * Integrated session clustering
    * Expanded documentation

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.

Posted by Dale Christ <de...@yahoo.com>.
Trapo--

Works just fine, and it seems faster than Tomcat 4.1.27...

Make sure you get tomcat5 up and running first, then get Lenya
deployed...

--Dale