Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Valter Mazzola <va...@cointer.it> on 2007/10/04 18:48:37 UTC

Lucene.Net & web.config

Hello

 I'm using Lucene.Net 2.0.0.4 in an Aspx (2.0), it doesn't find the

Lucene .dll , I've put it in the

./Bin  folder in respect to the aspx folder.

How I must configure web.config to see Lucene.Net ?

Thanks.

v.

RE: Lucene.Net & web.config

Posted by Valter Mazzola <va...@cointer.it>.
It's already like you tell, but it doesn't work!

I think you can copy the Lucene.Net in bin folder and just use using
statement in .cs files. This will work..

Thanks
Laxmilal

Re: Lucene.Net & web.config

RE: Lucene.Net & web.config

Posted by Valter Mazzola <va...@cointer.it>.
Ok thanks!

Posted by Kurt Mackey <ku...@mubble.net>.

RE: Lucene.Net & web.config

Posted by Valter Mazzola <va...@cointer.it>.

Re: Lucene.Net & web.config

Posted by Dean Harding <de...@dload.com.au>.

RE: Lucene.Net & web.config

Posted by Valter Mazzola <va...@cointer.it>.
Hello Vijay,

The error is :

CS0246: impossible to find the type or name in the space Lucene, probably
A using or a reference to an assembly is
missing

Riga 19: using System.IO;
Riga 20: using System.Text.RegularExpressions;
Riga 21: using Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard;  <--- in red
Riga 22: using Lucene.Net.Documents;
Riga 23: using Lucene.Net.QueryParsers;

Source file top fragment is:

using System;
using System.Data;
using System.IO;
using System.Text.RegularExpressions;
using Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard;
using Lucene.Net.Documents;
using Lucene.Net.QueryParsers;
using Lucene.Net.Search;
using Lucene.Net.Search.Highlight;

namespace Searcher
{

Thanks
Valter

Posted by Dean Harding <de...@dload.com.au>.

RE: Lucene.Net & web.config

Posted by Vijay Santhanam <vi...@spectrumwired.com>.
Placing the assembly in the bin folder should be enough to make Lucene
visible from the ASP.NET Web Site.

Have you included references to the appropriate namespaces in your code,
i.e.
using Lucene.Net.Index;
using Lucene.Net.Analysis;
using Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard;
using Lucene.Net.Documents;
using Lucene.Net.QueryParsers;
using Lucene.Net.Search;
using Lucene.Net.Store;

Also make sure both the ASP.NET website and the Lucene.Net assembly use the
same framework version.

Vijay Santhanam
B.Eng.(Soft.)
Spectrum Wired - Software Engineer

T: +61 2 4925 3266
F: +61 2 4925 3255
M: +61 407 525 087
W: www.spectrumwired.com

Disclaimer: This email and any attached files are intended solely for the
named addressee, are confidential and may contain legally privileged
information. The copying or distribution of them or any information they
contain, by anyone other than the addressee, is prohibited. If you have
received this email in error, please let us know by telephone or return the
email to the sender and destroy all copies. Thank you.