Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Cyrille Artho <c....@aist.go.jp> on 2014/04/16 09:18:17 UTC

[primitives]: equals/hashCode issue

Dear all,
Using an automated test case generation tool, we found an issue w.r.t.
equals/hashCode having a mismatch in their semantics.

Please take a look at the report and let us know if you consider this to be
a real problem. It is likely an issue with how existing lists are wrapped:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PRIMITIVES-17
Cyrille Artho - http://artho.com/
That men do not learn very much from history is the most important
of all the lessons that history has to teach.
		-- Aldous Huxley

Re: [primitives]: equals/hashCode issue

Posted by Anshul Zunke <an...@gmail.com>.
If the issue is correct then its a big problem as equals might not give the
correct result if hashcode is different for 2 objects supposed to be equal.

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 12:48 PM, Cyrille Artho <c....@aist.go.jp> wrote:

> Dear all,
> Using an automated test case generation tool, we found an issue w.r.t.
> equals/hashCode having a mismatch in their semantics.
>
> Please take a look at the report and let us know if you consider this to
> be a real problem. It is likely an issue with how existing lists are
> wrapped:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PRIMITIVES-17
> --
> Regards,
> Cyrille Artho - http://artho.com/
> That men do not learn very much from history is the most important
> of all the lessons that history has to teach.
>                 -- Aldous Huxley

Anshul Zunke