Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Avinash Lakshman <av...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/28 04:39:00 UTC

Usage of myId

Why is this important? What breaks down if I have 2 servers with the same
myId?

Cheers

Re: Usage of myId

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
re previous discussion see this thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/zookeeper-user@hadoop.apache.org/msg00916.html

Patrick

Re: Usage of myId

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.

Re: Usage of myId

Posted by Henry Robinson <he...@cloudera.com>.

--
Henry Robinson
Software Engineer

Re: Usage of myId

Posted by Qian Ye <ye...@gmail.com>.
myid is used to identify your service instance, with its help, it is
possible to start more than one Zookeeper service on one computer. If the
configuration of myid is wrong, the service can not be started properly.

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Avinash Lakshman <
avinash.lakshman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why is this important? What breaks down if I have 2 servers with the same
> myId?
>
> Cheers

With Regards!

Ye, Qian