Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Mattias Besemann <ma...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/30 19:20:16 UTC

[Question] Guacamole not using WebSocket properly

Hello,

I am trying to configure guacamole to serve through nginx using a
WebSocket, and while I can access the application from the nginx
endpoint, I still receive the following error in the tomcat logs when
starting a session:

19:11:49.460 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] INFO
o.g.g.n.b.BasicGuacamoleTunnelServlet - Using HTTP tunnel (not
WebSocket). Performance may be sub-optimal.

My nginx location configuration is as follows:

location /guacamole/ {
                 proxy_pass http://localhost:8080/guacamole/;
                 proxy_buffering off;
                 proxy_http_version 1.1;
                 proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For
$proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
                 proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
                 proxy_set_header Connection $http_connection;
                 access_log off;
         }

Is there anything else that needs to be done in order to get WebSocket
working?

Cheers,

Mattias
--
Sent from Postbox

Re: [Question] Guacamole not using WebSocket properly

Posted by Mattias Besemann <ma...@gmail.com>.
Ah you are absolutely correct, I think that was the culprit.  I am
accessing guacamole using a corporate network (which uses a proxy).

I managed to test the same installation using a different internet
connection and I didn't receive the error.

Thanks for your help!

Mattias

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
Could there be any other proxy between your browser and Nginx which might
be interfering with WebSocket traffic?

Posted by Mattias Besemann <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
What version of Nginx are you using? Support for WebSocket was added in
Nginx 1.3, and older versions will not be able to proxy WebSocket properly.

- Mike

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 11:20 AM, Mattias Besemann <