Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org> on 2009/04/21 04:44:42 UTC

PMC Invitation to Participate in ApacheCon 2009/US

Hi Devs and Users of Apache Synapse

The Synapse Project Management Comittee  (PMC) has been asked if we
would like to make use of an extended participation opportunity at the
upcoming Apache Con US, in this 10th year of the ASF.

Please share your views on this - and possibly your intent to
participate at the event, and network with others - as a developers or
end-users. We would value your feedback and comments on how best we
should project the Apache Synapse project at this event, and how we
should tailor the sessions (e.g. please recommend areas of interest /
use etc) - even if you may not yet be sure you could attend. If you
would like to propose topics for in-depth presentation by the
developers, please feel to suggest these too

thanks
asankha

----------------------- Original Request follows
----------------------------

Subject:        PMC Invitation to Participate in ApacheCon 2009/US
Date:   Tue, 14 Apr 2009 20:28:47 -0500
From:   ApacheCon 2009 US Planners Team <pl...@apachecon.com>
To:     All Apache PMCs <pm...@apache.org>

Project Management Committees,

For this 10th Year of the Apache Software Foundation, the Conference
Planning Committee and Stone Circle Productions are infusing ApacheCon
US 2009 with the same Community Spirit that guides our Open Source
Communities themselves. With the goal of creating the most successful
ApacheCon to-date, we are seeking the support of each ASF Community to
help drive their content for the 3-day conference. As the PMC, we
invite you to come forward with content based on the needs of your
user community.

First: Decide as a project, how much time you would like to fill with
commercially viable content. Do you need a half-day or a full-day to
achieve a professional, quality program? Don't restrict yourselves to
presentations by the PMC members or past speakers. You are likely
familiar with other committers, the members of your user community,
published authors and others who would offer effective sessions.
Consider involving the community in this process through either the
dev or users list, as appropriate for your project. Identifying the
exact contents and schedule of your program will come in a 2nd phase.

Note: If you believe your track is better presented in tandem with
other project(s), and you would like to work together as a small group
of related projects to create a unified track, please discuss this
with the other project(s) and offer one proposal you all agree upon to
the Planners.

Second: Identify your consumers. Please explain to the Planners, in
your submission, who your attendees would be. Are they web content
authors or developers, or backend infrastructure adopters, integrators
or administrators? Are they technical or novice individuals,
management or general users?

Third: Communicate your interest to planners-2009-us@apachecon.com no
later than April 21st!

The Planners will get back to you by April 28th to share the general
program schedule, and where your project best fits. You will be
provided a mentor who will forward to you the CFP's which made the
first cut of talk selections. Your community will then have two weeks
to create a schedule on a Wiki page. Again, be creative, and keep in
mind there are several opportunities for content beyond the programmed
track: MeetUps, BOFs, symposiums, un-conference style activities, etc.

In four weeks, the Planners will complete a review of the programming,
offer final feedback, cut programming that doesn't fit into the formal
tracks of the program, and finally attempt to fit all of the programming
into space available. Your mentor is there to help you avoid this cut
and guide you in creating a professional and marketable track!

Should a PMC choose not to participate in this process, but there are still
compelling presentations about that particular project, the Planners may
choose to run that track. Speaker acceptance/rejections will be sent out
in five weeks, once all decisions are made. All projects, participating
in this program or not, will have opportunities to get more involved with
the conference.  These will be announced over the coming months.

We look forward to your PMC's response!

Yours,

The ApacheCon 2009 US Planning Team

--
Asankha C. Perera
AdroitLogic, http://adroitlogic.org

http://esbmagic.blogspot.com

Re: PMC Invitation to Participate in ApacheCon 2009/US

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
I already submitted the same proposal I spoke on for ACEU (Synapse + Eventing).

Is there any interest in getting together with another PMC (e.g. QPid)
to jointly propose a track?

Paul

Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2
Apache Synapse PMC Chair
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: PMC Invitation to Participate in ApacheCon 2009/US

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

> track: MeetUps, BOFs, symposiums, un-conference style activities, etc.
>
> In four weeks, the Planners will complete a review of the programming,
> offer final feedback, cut programming that doesn't fit into the formal
> tracks of the program, and finally attempt to fit all of the programming
> into space available. Your mentor is there to help you avoid this cut
> and guide you in creating a professional and marketable track!
>
> Should a PMC choose not to participate in this process, but there are still
> compelling presentations about that particular project, the Planners may
> choose to run that track. Speaker acceptance/rejections will be sent out
> in five weeks, once all decisions are made. All projects, participating
> in this program or not, will have opportunities to get more involved with
> the conference.  These will be announced over the coming months.

Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2
Apache Synapse PMC Chair
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair