Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/09 09:31:23 UTC

[DISCUSS] - Rename camel-redis and camel-neo4j to include spring in their name

Hi

These are two new components in the upcoming Camel 2.11.

These are spring dependent and requires using Spring Data / Spring at runtime.
As we have a number of Camel components that requires spring, we
usually have named them camel-spring-xxx.

Should we rename these to be aligned?

camel-redis -> camel-spring-redis
camel-neo4j -> camel-spring-neo4j

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: [DISCUSS] - Rename camel-redis and camel-neo4j to include spring in their name

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

Sent from a mobile device

Posted by Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com>.
> These are spring dependent and requires using Spring Data / Spring at runtime.
> As we have a number of Camel components that requires spring, we
> usually have named them camel-spring-xxx.

Definitely. We should always name the components according to the
library it uses, not the general name of the technology. People may
want to use different libraries to work with the same technology and
the name of the Camel component should reflect the difference.

The similar situation was with the STOMP component proposal, which
finally has been renamed to camel-scomp.

--
Henryk Konsek
http://henryk-konsek.blogspot.com

Re: [DISCUSS] - Rename camel-redis and camel-neo4j to include spring in their name

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1 makes sense to me.

Posted by Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com>.
+1