Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chiranga Alwis <ch...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/25 08:03:17 UTC

Debugging Apache Tomcat

Hi,

please refer this post regarding Tomcat debugging issue:

<goog_2007266361>
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35620472/debug-apache-tomcat

Re: Debugging Apache Tomcat

Posted by Chiranga Alwis <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Theo,

first of all thanks for the answer. I will certainly try this method as
well.

This issue seems to be solved when I restarted the computer and executed
the server. Please refer to the comments I have made regarding this issue,
at stackoverflow post.

RE: Debugging Apache Tomcat

Posted by Theo Sweeny <th...@avios.com>.
Hi Chiranga,

please refer this post regarding Tomcat debugging issue:

<goog_2007266361>
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35620472/debug-apache-tomcat

In the setenv.sh the properties can be set and then do one export via CATALINA_OPTS as seen here -

JPDA_OPTS="-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,address=10094,server=y,suspend=n"

export CATALINA_OPTS ="$TAG $MEM_ARGS $APP_ARGS $JPDA_OPTS"

Then start Tomcat without the jdpa option on the start command -

bin/catalina.sh start

Theo
Avios Group (AGL) Ltd is a limited company registered in England (registered number 2260073 and VAT number 512566754) whose registered address is Astral Towers, Betts Way, London Road, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 9XY . Avios Group (AGL) Limited is part of the IAG group of companies This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.