Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Salvady, Gopal" <Sa...@ctc.com> on 2001/02/02 19:26:41 UTC

Need help

Friends,

Your help on this woule be highly appreciated. We have put an application
outside the firewall and we don't have access to the machine other than
ftping our application. How do we start/stop tomcat webserver remotely if it
crashes. Any body with any experience or would like give tips please help.

This is an immediate problem I am facing. I think I had sent an email in
this regard sometime back. Bot sure whether anyone got back on this.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Gopal

Re: Need help

Posted by Avery Buffington <av...@fundsxpress.com>.
Simplest solution (if you can admin the firewall) would be to put ssh on
the tomcat box and allow the firewall to pass the ssh traffic.  Sooner
or later you are going to need to access the box for maintennence or
upgrading and this would allow you access it in a secure manner (and not
have to drive to wherever the box is physically located).

-Avery